Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dropping Our Illusions

Dropping our illusions is a healing in itself. Within each of us there is a core--our essence, our true being. That is the place of God who is within us. Finding that essence is our return to God. It is the purpose of our lives, and even our most painful experiences can serve that purpose.

—Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles

I have had this illusion for most of my life that certain things represent/provide security. The truth is, most things that seem secure, aren't. So what is? The only true security comes from inside. I find security in knowing that I can call on my angels for anything I need. I find security in knowing that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing and exactly when I'm supposed to be doing it. I find security in knowing that I am surrounded by people who really care about me. That provides a whole different level of security than I ever thought possible.

What illusions do you hold?

No comments: