Thursday, April 24, 2008

Being Comfortable with Yourself...

I came across this quote and thought it fit very well with all that I've noticed in recent weeks:

It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others.

Sydney J. Harris, 1917-1986 American Journalist

I know that the good and the "not so desireable" things I see in others are what I see in myself. I find it easier to focus on the things I don't like so much than to focus on the good BUT the good things are very important. You cannot see something in someone else unless it is also a part of who you are.

It is time we begin to embrace our goodness, our gifts, our strengths. Think about all the people you admire and what it is you admire about them. know that those things are in you too! Let your light shine!

No comments: