Monday, July 7, 2008

The Simple Things


Have you ever taken a step back from your life and realized just how off track things have gotten with your priorities?
My 13 year old daughter and I went to Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago. One of our stops was a Deer Park. Among seeing other animals there, we had the delight of walking through this park with over 100 tame deer. This picture is of my daughter with two of the deer who followed her along most of the path once they figured out she had food:).
As we mingled with the deer, she told me it was the best day of her life so far. At 13, feeding deer was the best day of her life. A simple, inexpensive activity meant so much to her and it wasn't even located at Ridgedale or the Mall of America (her previous favorite locations). The best part was that I got to spend it with her. It was the highlight of my week, my month, my year...
It is easy to find pleasure in the simple things in life if we take the time to look for them. They are hidden in the most unexpected, fantastic places. Don't wait another minute - seize the day and fill it with things that make you smile, things that make you laugh, memories that last a life time.

No comments: