Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dreaming

Last night I had the most wonderful, yet simple dream. I dreamt I went to the lake this fall and everyone was there. All the family and friends who normally join us. In my dream the lake looked different than it really does. It is beautiful in its own right and yet it was exceptional in my dream.

It was a perfect day. There were many trees around...some evergreens, some trees with bright green leaves and some with gorgeous yellow, orange and red leaves - indicative of the autumn season. The sun was shining through the trees sending rays of light across the ground.

There was a feeling of peace and tranquility even with all the people milling around. I took the opportunity to walk down the hill to the lake. As I made my way down, I couldn't believe what I saw. I stepped out onto this large rock that expanded out into the water. It was perfectly flat on top and I felt very safe and secure walking across it towards the edge.

The lake was a good size and completely calm. There was no movement whatsoever. When I gazed down over the rock I could see that while the water looked somewhat deep I could see all the way to the bottom. It was completely clear and the rays of sun provided just enough light to gaze into the water and see everything.

The entire lake was secluded and surrounded by trees and rocks. Directly across from me was a narrow clearing. I couldn't see the top of it but it reminded me of the clearings we used to sled through in the park when I was growing up. This path was filled with vividly colored leaves...the yellows, oranges and reds of fall. The leaves were thick and completely covered the ground. It had the feel of a waterfall, cascading leaves all the way down the hill.

On my left I could see a tall wall of rocks. Dark, smooth and solid rocks. When I looked at them, I felt an internal strength rising up inside of me. In this area there was a waterfall that poured into a small shallow area and then rolled over the rocks in the lake. There were a few people swimming in that area, they seemed free and happy.

I found a spot to sit on the rock and just took it all in. I could have sat there forever.

I wish I could find the words to explain the amount of comfort and serenity I felt but I can't. It was surreal. It felt like such a powerful dream, like a life-changing dream. I felt a sense of honor to be a part of it.

You see, the season of fall represents a new beginning. The sun symbolizes peace of mind, enlightenment, tranquility, fortune, goodwill and insight. It also represents radiant energy. The lush green trees represent new hopes, growth and desires. They are also a sign of strength and stability. The leaves signify a new found happiness and an improvement in various aspects of life. The fall leaves are a sign of letting go of what no longer serves us.

The rocks signify stability. Stones, like the ones under the water, represent strength and unity. The lake signifies the emotional state of mind so a clear and calm lake demonstrates inner peace. The waterfall is also symbolic of letting go. It also represents revitalization and renewal.

This dream is what I've been looking for. Confirmation that I am on the right path. I told my daughter last weekend that even though things weren't perfect I just knew good times were coming. I had felt a huge shift internally and just knew it was good. It felt like this huge weight had just disappeared. I felt open to all that is good in life.

It is time. Time for all of us to embrace all the goodness available. Seize the day!!

No comments: